July 27, July 29 and July 30
OR call for appointment
563-379-7363 OR 563-379-8908
704 North St. Decorah, Iowa 52101
3+ bedroom home, near Luther College, 100% gut-rehab of entire property
This is probably the “newest, old house” in all of Decorah. It has just undergone a 15 month complete rehab. It was gutted to the studs and rebuilt. Virtually everything is new, spaces have been reconfigured, and high-end finishes have been used throughout. It has been constructed and decorated utilizing a professional interior designer, as well as home/landscape designers.
The property had been a student rental/fraternity house/party house for over 30 years. The developer is a neighbor who has eliminated several college rentals in the neighborhood and has returned them to high-end single family dwellings. Consequently, nearly the entire neighborhood has been upgraded and is a quiet, established area of family residences. It is now a peaceful place to call home!
City-approved 5 year property tax abatement on 44% of the asking price, providing significant savings to the buyer.
The renovation of this property has been a labor of love, along with a desire to create a peaceful neighborhood for all. It is located within eye-sight of the Upper Iowa (far above flooding concerns), 2 blocks from the bike trail, and is immediately adjacent to Luther College. It provides the best of all worlds: charm, elegance, efficiency, convenience, location, and value. It has become an airy, spacious, highly efficient home, looking for an appreciative new owner who wants a move-in ready property in a wonderful location.
Take a Virtual Tour
Watch a short video walk-through of the home.
- living/dining room is open concept, w/spacious vaulted ceiling, several large windows, patio door provide great views and sunlight
- dining/living area is 14’ x 25”
- open kitchen design includes high-end cherry cabinets w/ pull-out pantry and stainless steel wire drawers in lower cabinets, under cabinet lighting island with barstool height breakfast/dining area
- lots of quartz kitchen countertops with new extra deep (9”) stainless steel kitchen sink and new garbage disposal
- new stainless steel fridge, stove and microwave/hood, as well as high-end double drawer dishwasher
- kitchen area is 10’ x 11’6”
- office w/high-end cherry built-in cabinets, (possible nursery)
- 8’6”’ x 10’
- Master bedroom, ceiling fan, 10’6” x 19’
- Walk-in closet with Closet Maid closet system, 6’ x 9’
- Master bath - double sink, quartz counter top, high-end vanity and linen cabinet, 5’ jetted tub, 4’ shower w/glass door, extensive wall and floor tile, quiet LED bathroom fan/light, 9 x 11’6”
- dramatic high ceiling and light fixture, tile floor, leaded entry door window, 4’ coat closet with built in vac, solid cherry handrail, newel posts and balusters
- 6’6” x 13’
- Only 36” below grade so has large windows, lots of light, deep quartz window sills, rooms are dry, spacious, and airy
- Large open room with cabinets and wet bar
- Built-in and lighted display cabinets
- 13’6” x 24’
- 2 bedrooms, each with large, lighted closets, and large egress windows
- 10’6” x 14’ and 9’ 6” x 16’6”
- Double lavatory quartz top, large medicine cabinet and bar light, tub, shower, tile floor, quiet LED bathroom fan/light
- 5’ x 10’6”
- Houses HVAC, water softener, electrical panel and hook-ups for
- 7’ x 11’
- Large, dry storage space also house whole-house vac
- 6’ x 10’ (nominal)